A new year is so wonderfully lush with possibilities. I’m ready to get started! So here they are, my 2014 goals and the steps I’m taking to help me achieve them:
Write! Write! Write!
- removed the internet from the computer I write on.
- created an outline of the novel I’m working on so I don’t get lost.
- set up my email to only deliver early am and late pm so I’m not tempted to check it so often.
- joined an exercise class I really enjoy.
- bought enough inexpensive exercise clothing so something is always clean.
- created a space in my closet where my clothing for the week is laid out by the day and waiting so there is nothing to hunt in the morning.
- set the hair appointments in advance on my calendar.
- stocked up on my favorite “spoil me” products.
- began building a new wardrobe with a couple of classic items which I hope to add to throughout the year.
Speak my Strategic Plan Daily!
- wrote my strategic plan, hung a copy on the wall, and stowed copies in other places I frequent around the house.
- posted reminders in two-inch tall letters at various places around the house to read it out loud daily.
Pray, Learn, FLY!
- Praying comes naturally after all these years so I’ll just keep at it.
- Learning is a craving I must constantly feed so that also is just a matter of keeping at it and reminding myself to focus on specific topics.
- FLYing used to be an ingrained habit, but I’ve fallen away. To retrain myself to it I’ve placed my FLYbook (a book of checklists of household tasks done by zone at various times throughout each month) open on a stand at eye level above the kitchen sink. So I won’t be able to say I forgot.
Remain in Ketosis until I reach my preferred size!
- continue to attend my counseling sessions
- keep the house free of forbidden foods
- continue to add recipes to the ones I’ve been gathering and practicing since November in anticipation of this next phase in my return to optimal health.
Spoil my husband rotten!
- since it’s my favorite thing to do and comes rather naturally this one is easy.
Those are my goals for 2014. What are yours?
May 2014 Bring You Love, Health, Success, and Goodness!