Where Have I Been?

My apologies for being absent so long.

There’s a long, complicated version of why, but I’ll leave a lot out and give you the short version.

Thirty-plus years of horrible debilitating pain. Many doctors. No help. Worse and worse. Finally an answer! Severe Gluten intolerance. Stopped eating gluten. No more pain! Hallelujah!

But intestinal damage from years of gluten intolerance led to mal-absorption. That led to binge eating run amok as my body tried to get enough nutrition. Add in the sugar addiction most of the U.S.A. suffers from and the resulting insulin resistance plus a host of other troubles.

Fat. Exhausted. Frustrated. Went to an eating disorder therapist. Over many, many months transitioned from 16 binge incidents per month to 8 to 5 to none. Hooray! But, uh-oh, still had mal-absorption and now there was less food to wring nutrients from. A progression: exhaustion, difficulty concentrating, pain in large muscles, wrenching muscle spasms, pain in small muscles, awful pain in bones, horrible neuropathy. Blood tests. Prescription vitamin injections and capsules.

Neuropathy and bone pain vanished after just a week of vitamin injections. Wow! Wow! Wow! I can write. I can exercise. I can live again.

Anyway, that’s the abbreviated version of where I’ve been, and I am so happy and so very grateful to be back.

About these ads

12 responses

1. kneyda

Oh, I feel for you. So glad that you persisted with the doctors all these years to finally get to this place. I send you healing thoughts and good wishes for a healthy future.

August 22, 2013 at 11:03 am

2. Megan

I’m so glad you’re feeling well. Potlucks and neighborhood strolls are always on the table if you’d like outside nutrition support. Let the healing continue!

August 22, 2013 at 11:37 am

3. Wow! I knew some of this, but not all. What an enormous ordeal. I’m so glad you were persistent and finally got the right diagnosis so you could begin recovering. I’ve been thinking about you a lot!

August 23, 2013 at 9:45 am

• It has been an ordeal, but things are getting back on track. Thanks for the good thoughts, Annie. :)

August 23, 2013 at 10:27 pm

4. So good to see you again, Regina! :)

August 23, 2013 at 8:58 pm

5. Wow! Glad you found out what the problem was and that you’re feeling better!

August 27, 2013 at 10:55 am